Orange County Licensed In-Home Childcare Program
Are you looking to start your own in-home childcare business? Don’t know where to start? Whether you already have an unlicensed childcare business or are looking to understand how to get a childcare business up and running, this program is for you.
Join us for this eight-week program — we will walk you through all the childcare regulations and requirements and position you to learn the business side to running an in-home childcare business. As a participant of this program, you will receive one-on-one coaching during and after the program, as well as a free in-home inspection prior to applying for your license.
The Orange County Licensed In-Home Childcare Program is limited to 20 participants. There is no cost to be a participant, but attendance for all sessions is required.
*Session 0 — Tuesday, March 28:
Pre-program open house. In person. Location TBD. Food will be served. Please feel free to bring your family.
Session 1 (Virtual via Zoom) — Tuesday, April 4:
- Business Topic: Business Planning/Starting a Business
- Childcare Topic: Childcare Landscape — First Five
- Peer Guides/Membership — OCAYEC Overview
Session 2 (Virtual via Zoom) —Tuesday, April 11:
- Childcare Topic: Process to Get a License — Community Care Licensing
Session 3 (Virtual via Zoom) — Tuesday, April 18:
- Business Topic: Financial Projections/Available Capital for Your Business
- Childcare Topic: Quality Start OC and Training/Resources — OCDE Services Overview
Session 4 (Virtual via Zoom) — Tuesday, April 25:
- Business Topic: Creating a Marketing Plan
- Childcare Topic: Resource & Referral and AP Funding/FCC info
- Children’s Home Society Overview
Session 5 (Virtual via Zoom) — Tuesday, May 2:
- Business Topic: Creating a Digital/Social Media Presence and Advertising
- Childcare Topic: Available Services — Start Well Overview
Session 6 (Virtual via Zoom) — Tuesday, May 9:
- Business Topic: Understanding Market Research and Your Competition
- Childcare Topic: Referral to Services/Trainings and Development Screenings
Session 7 (Virtual via Zoom) — Tuesday, May 16:
- Business Topic: Licensing and Permits for Your Business/Accounting
- Childcare Topic: Workforce Development — Overview of Local Planning Council
Session 8 (In person — Location TBD) — Tuesday, May 23:
- Business Topic: Putting Your Plan Together to Get Started
- Childcare Topic: Putting Your Plan Together to Get Started
*In-Home Visits Start